“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on its own wings. Always believe in yourself.”
The bird strongly believes that it can still survive even if the branch it is on breaks. It knows it has wings and that it can fly away if needed. It has self-belief.
Summary: This quote is a lesson in self-belief especially for people who are hesitant to make choices and trust themselves. Before becoming overwhelmed with a problem or believing in others above yourself, have faith in you. Self-belief is an important and powerful thing. When we doubt ourselves, unproductive thoughts often arise, and we can get stuck.
Trusting ourselves and having faith in our own abilities would enable us to be happier and more successful as well as make our world a more positive place. Any step to achieve success and feel peaceful in your life starts by believing in yourself!
- Why is it important to believe in yourself?
- Think about a time in your life where the branches broke, and you had to use your own wings?
- How can you and/or your team use this message to help you?
- When you face a situation where self-belief is difficult, list all the reasons you have to believe in yourself. Keep in front of you and read frequently.
- Pick up a copy of The Confidence Journal and use it to record your confidence journey.
- Share this message with someone that needs to believe in themselves.“Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.”-Robert Tew
–This story along with 29 others can be found in “Challenger Deep Stories, Fables, and Lessons to Help You Rise Above Adversity” https://www.amazon.com/Challenger-Deep-Stories-Fables-Adversity/dp/B09MYVSLMR.
Tami Matheny is owner of Refuse2LoseCoaching. She is a Mental Game Coach and Author. Her books include: “This is Good” at: https://r2lc.com/this-is-good-a-journey-on-overcoming-confidence, “The Confident Athlete: 4 Easy Steps to Build and Maintain Confidence” https://r2lc.com/the-confident-athlete-4-easy-steps-to-build-and-maintain-confidence/, “Challenger Deep,” and “The Confidence Journal”. All books can be purchased online at Amazon. For group discounts or signed copies contact http://email@example.com.
For daily confidence tips, sign up for the monthly confidence calendar: https://r2lc.com/monthly-confidence-calendar-newsletter/.